Wednesday, September 9, 2009

YAY HAROLD!!!



Harold is coming along wonderfully. It's always hard for me to imagine that he didn't have a home before Homeward Trails rescued him. He is very happy in the house and is very respectful. He's young, so he's excitable but still considerably more calm than his 5 y/o foster brother. Harry hasn't had an accident in the house in over two weeks, and he even asks to go out. I've pushed him to his limits in the morning by finishing my entire routine before taking him out, and he still did not have an accident. I think I can say with confidence that he is completely housebroken. He is crated during the day, but is loose at night. He sleeps through the night on a dogbed in my bedroom that I've had for four years but my own dog has never been interested in using.

Given his past, it also amazes me that he is so affectionate. He loves to nuzzle into you then look right up into your eyes. It's really quite touching. Harry would make a great companion for almost anyone!

He loves the dog park and tends to engage in the pack. This is great because he wears himself out running around with all the other dogs. He will also chase after a ball but only brings it back about half of the time--but that's good for a hound!

I've been working on his commands, and he has picked up quite a bit. He knows sit, lie down, and goodnight (go in your crate). We are working on OK (release word from sitting or lying down). He's picked up these commands so quickly, I'm disappointed in myself for not having taught him more at this point.

Harry is a really sweet pup who would love to have a forever home where he can share his affection and provide loyal companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment